Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Peanut

I had my first doctor appointment yesterday. My doctor was surprised but happy to see me. Little peanut is measuring at about 9 1/2 weeks. So I'm a little further along than I had thought. So my new due date is August 22nd. This means nothing. My babies are never early or on time so I certainly don't expect this one break that trend.

It was so great to see little peanut in the ultrasound. I will never get tired of that feeling, seeing my babies for the first time. He or she is an active little thing, already doing a little dance. It was adorable. My doctor and I were oohing and ahhing over it.

I've joked with Chris that this poor third baby is already getting jipped. Chris has always come to any ultrasounds I had with my babies, but he didn't come to this one. I didn't mind, and I'm sure this baby won't either, it just struck me as funny. Is this common? To have the third pregnancy be kind of "old hat"? Not the baby itself, but all of the things that come along with the pregnancy that were so exciting the first and second times around.

On a positive note, I lost four pounds. No wonder I've been feeling so frumpy in my jeans. They're loose and baggy. I really want to go get some that fit but that would be a waste of money, wouldn't it? We all know you don't get smaller when you're pregnant... I'm actually feeling pretty good too. I'm exhausted, but my nausea only comes in waves and usually in the evenings. I can deal with that. And it's nothing severe either, I can operate through it usually. I'm so glad. I was wondering what I would do with severe nausea and having a 9 month old and a 6 year old to take care of.

Alright, enough talk. Here's a picture of the peanut. Sorry it's not a good one. I had to take it with my cell phone camera because I don't have access to a scanner right now.

5 comments:

~*Hess Family*~ said...

Congrats again. That puts you 15 days behind me, according to their estimates of course.

Beverley said...

I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Has Caleb named this one yet? I'm sorry I didn't call you back yesterday - we had that research lab to go to at the UW and then I picked up David, had dinner, then rushed to class. I love the picture :) Glad you're feeling decent!

Lauren said...

awwww....so precious.

Drama Queens said...

oh yes--those 2nd and 3rd babies aren't less loved at all--the world just doesn't stop for them like it did the 1st!