Friday, February 24, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes & Company

I made Snickerdoodle Cupcakes tonight from here.

This is my version. They would have been prettier if I would have busted out my frosting tips and all that. I didn't have time. They were pretty on the inside. Trust me.

Ben's a fan. Okay, he licked all of the frosting off of his then broke the cupcake up into a million pieces. One day he'll learn which part of the cupcake is truly the best.

They were very good and very easy. I was worried because I didn't have cake flour like the recipe called for, but after doing a little research I just removed a couple of tablespoons of all purpose flour and sifted the flour first. The cupcakes turned out great!! Usually cupcakes from scratch, at least in my experience, are dry and dense. These weren't at all! I will definitely be making these again. I didn't have the time to make the icing from scratch but I will try that next time, too. I ended up just mixing cinnamon into a container of vanilla frosting and it was still good.

I had my parents and my sister and her family over for dinner and dessert. We don't get together very much so it was a lot of fun. Fun and loud. My sister, my parents and I all live about a mile from each other, almost in a perfect triangle. You would think we get together all the time living so close. I guess that shows how busy life can be.

Wow, two posts in one day. I'm not kidding around, am I?

No comments: