Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scavenger Hunting

Well, we are moved in. Unpacked, no. But all of our stuff is now in one place and that place is our house. We're slowly whittling down the pyramid of boxes in the garage. We didn't think things through enough on that end. A week ago when we had only been living here for a couple of days, we had no towels, toothpaste, or pans to cook in. So Chris was out in the garage more than he was in the house, it seemed, looking for the necessities. The highlight of the week was finding the box with towels in it. It was one of the first boxes we tried to find and Chris had to really hunt to find it. I like to think he had fun with his little scavenger hunt. ;)

Has anyone ever told you that it takes FOREVER to line kitchen shelves with shelf liner? Well it does. It's worth it, but it feels like a complete waste of a day while you're doing it. I just had to keep telling myself that I should be thankful for so much cabinet space.

We've been slowly meeting our neighbors here. One of our neighbors, who lives a couple houses down the street in front of us, came over with his 7 year old son on Saturday wanting to know if Caleb could come play at their house. I talked to him for a good 20 minutes. Turns out he remembers Aaron and Julie (good friends of ours who we go to church with) from when they used to live in the house across the street from us. Small world. Anyway, Caleb played over at their house for a couple of hours. I'm glad he'll have some friends in the neighborhood.

Caleb lost his tooth. He and I were taking a much needed break from unpacking. We were sitting on the couch, eating popcorn and watching "E.T." when he said "Ew, Mom, what's this?" I looked down and he had his tooth in his hand. I said "That's your tooth." He was thrilled that 1) it didn't hurt when it came out and 2) he didn't swallow it.

Chris and some guys from church went snowboarding last Saturday. It had been a couple of years since Chris had been. He woke up the next morning barely able to move. Who knew you used so many muscles when snowboarding? I'm sure some of the soreness was from a little bit of falling too. :)

Baby and I are doing fine. I don't think I've felt any movement yet but then again, I haven't been paying any attention. Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant and then I look down at the new belly that's popped out and remember. Two kids, moving into a fixer, and working makes me a little busy. :) I'm getting more excited to welcome a new baby. As most of you know, the idea is something I've had to get used to. I've always wanted three kids, but #'s 2 and 3 so close together wasn't the plan. It'll be wonderful, it's just a new experience that will take some getting used to. I'm very thankful for my family and what this new little person will bring to it.

Anna is doing well too. She's getting a little fiesty. Sometimes she'll be in Caleb's room playing with him and then I'll hear her just yell at him. It's just a "Ahhhh!" but you know she's irritated at him for something. And what an eater! She can put away the groceries and still want more. She never refuses food, ever. And she loves everything. There hasn't been a food I've given her yet that she doesn't like. It's really amazing how much she can eat. We have to cut her off a lot of times. :)

As usual, it's been a while since I've updated so this is longer than I intended. I hope you all have a great week.

No comments: