Friday, January 15, 2010

Lowe's

The people at Lowe's know us now. They ask us how we are and how our house projects are coming along. We're there a lot. So much that everytime we tell Caleb we're going to Lowe's, he says "Ohhhh, man..." Lowe's is evidently boring to an almost six year old.

Speaking of the almost six year old...Chris and I dread taking Caleb to Lowe's almost as much as Caleb dreads going to Lowe's. The reason is because...he's five. And he's good at it. He dances, acts like a ninja and runs up and down the middle of the isles. He takes anything in the cart that would remotely resemble a gun or sword and pretends to shoot or stab at anything - usually the air, he's not picky. If he can't find a "sword" or "gun", he will pretend to walk into things. Complete with sound effects and falling on the ground. When he's bored of that, he takes off his jacket and, using it as a pillow, lays down underneath the cart. Even though I'm sure it looks funny to other people when he does that, it's my favorite thing that he does. Peace and quiet. Well, we don't necessarily get quiet. He still keeps asking "When are we leaving?" or "How long will we be here?" I don't know why he keeps asking when the only answer we give him is "Don't know, quit asking." Or, if the asking gets too crazy, he hears "If you ask one more time, we'll make you sleep here tonight!"

Anna's not fond of Lowe's either, but she has a front row seat to Caleb's antics so that usually keeps her entertained for the majority of the time. And, in case it doesn't, I have a stash of Gerber puffs with me.

The thing I've noticed about Lowe's that I like is the women's bathroom. I know, weird. But I'm pregnant so I have to make frequent trips, especially if we'll be there a while (and we usually are). The women's bathroom is always very clean and it smells like a man's cologne.

On a somewhat different topic, I took Caleb to the Lowe's women's restroom last night. While in there, a teenagish girl comes out of a stall - texting. She puts her phone down long enough to wash her hands, then picks it back up and starts texting again. Uh, gross. What's the point in washing her hands?

So these are our trips to Lowe's. Again and again and again...

1 comment:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Hilarious! Thanks for posting this - you're a great writer :) Give those kids a hug and kiss from us.