Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let's try this again...

After two years, I'm going to come back to blogging here. So I've been a little busy. You know, baby-making and baby-raising. Since I recently got my full night's sleep back, I figured I was ready to tackle writing things down. Things I know I will regret not writing down if I don't start now. I've already missed too much.

Ben. Ben is almost 19 months old now. I am more in love with him now that I have ever been. He was such a high-maintenance kid from day one - still is to an extent. But he is such a happy thing...and he's a riot! I could just watch him all day. The other night, after I had been at work most of the evening, Chris and I just laid in bed and talked about how adorable Ben is and the funny things he does. Makes me sentimental, weepy even, to think of my last baby growing up so fast.

Anna. She is almost 3...and she's good at it. It's drama central over here lately. Not fits in the classic sense. But crying fits. Crying and crying and crying... Wait. What a bad way to start off talking about my sweet girl. Let me try again. We love Anna very very much. She is smart, funny, and artistic (what? yeah). She keeps us on our toes, but all of her affection more than makes up for it. Usually at least once a day I can count on her giving me a hug and kiss and saying "I love you, Mommy." Never, ever gets old.

Caleb. Caleb just turned 8 and he is a lot of fun...and challenging. The age gap throws us (Chris and me) a little. The different ways these kids need love and discipline is clear, yet muddy. We're stumbling through, learning as we go. I feel like it shows, at least Caleb can't tell...usually. :) Caleb adores his Dad. From the time Caleb gets home from school, I sporadically hear "When is Dad getting home?" Dad = All fun, Mom = Homework and chores. Can't blame him, can I? He loves to read. He just finished all of the Diary of a Whimpy Kid books and loved them. He and I watched "Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer" the other night. While in Marshall's tonight, he saw a Judy Moody book so we let him get it. He didn't put it down until I pried it out of his hands at bedtime. I hope he keeps this love of reading.

Okay, off to get my full night's sleep. Well, at least until 6am when Anna decides my bed is more comfortable than hers and poking me is more fun than sleeping.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Cute kids! Love reading about all they do